Partnering for Impact
Partnering for Impact is a RADx-UP initiative to support the preparation of consortial publications. This process includes a set of steps and support mechanisms for the development, preparation, and review of scholarly products (abstracts, scientific presentations, manuscripts) derived from information and data aggregated from RADx-UP research project teams.
The RADx-UP Publications Policy for consortial research products sets the guidelines and requirements related to the RADx-UP consortial publications process. Please refer to this policy for more details.
Attend workshops to better understand the Partnering for Impact process, the RADx-UP Data Dashboard, and more. You can also work with your team on various steps in the process using SharePoint or Box as a storage platform
- Calendar— Find upcoming workshops & office hours.
- Meeting Toolkit— Explore recordings and slides for past events and workshops.
- Storage Platforms— Explore options to store documents and work together in editing during your introductory meeting with the Publications Operations team.
- Resources— Learn more about the process and tools available to your teams for collaborative writing.
At any time during the Partnering for Impact process, you may request support here for a variety of activities. The CDCC provides writing workshops and editorial reviews, as well as statistical and informatics support.
Generate an idea for a research question and submit an analysis concept.
Analyses including race/ethnicity: Nondiscriminatory language and analytic approaches are mandatory for all submissions. If race/ethnicity is proposed as a variable in a Concept submission, please explicitly state why race/ethnicity was assessed, how individuals were classified, what the classifications were, and whether the investigators or the participants selected the classifications.
For more information on this requirement, please consult the RADx-UP Publications Policy (v1.4). Additional resources are available here.
- Submit an Analysis Concept— submit a concept and hear from others within RADx-UP who would like to collaborate.
- Analysis Concept Completion Guide— please use this guide for assistance in completing concepts.
- View Concepts— view all submitted concepts to collaborate on other ideas introduced.
The CDCC will keep you informed on progress of data availability to ensure timely completion of your analysis proposal. If data are already available to support your concept, our team will coordinate completion of the next step in the process.
- Analytic Data Framework— read more about the Tier 1 CDE framework here, as well as the datasets being built by the Data Core.
- Available and Planned Datasets— read more about current datasets that are available and what datasets CDCC is building
Assemble your writing team, collaborate with a community partner, then prepare and submit an Analysis Proposal. To learn more about who can be a community partner, please check this document.
- Submit an Analysis Proposal— submit a formal request to use RADx-UP data to answer a scientific question.
- Sample Analysis Proposal— download a sample analysis proposal as a PDF to preview the information required.
- Contact Us— if you have questions about completion of the Analysis Proposal, email our team at
Complete and submit your Statistical Analysis Plan. Our team will review your Statistical Analysis Plan and provide you with your dataset so that you can write and edit your manuscript. After completion, submit your manuscript to the CDCC (at RADx-UP-Publications@duke.edu)
- Statistical Analysis Plan (SAP) template— The CDCC will provide the SAP template to you when your Analysis Proposal is approved. You can then email completed form to RADx-UP-Publications@duke.edu
Submit your manuscript to our Publications & Dissemination Committee for final review by emailing to RADx-UP-Publications@duke.edu. Upon approval from PDC, you may submit your manuscript to your chosen journal. Keep us informed when your publication is accepted!
Frequently Asked Questions